Monday, May 12, 2008

The Bestest Mother's Day EVER!!!!

Wow, what an amazing weekend we had! On Friday, Jeremy came home with my mother's day present and, of course, I had to open it right away!! He made me a beautiful collage of pictures of me and our little man and had it framed- it was the PERFECT mother's day gift. Then, on Saturday afternoon, we had a family picnic at Foster City. After our picnic, we came back home for Jayden to nap, and, when he woke up, we went straight to the airport to pick up grandma and grandpa. Jayden was so excited to see his grandparents! We went right to the pool and went for a quick swim! After our swim, we had a yummy BBQ dinner and then put Jayden down for the night...while we all played the Wii. On Sunday, after I kicked grandpa's butt in tennis, Daddy made us his famous Sunday morning french toast breakfast. With our belly's full, we drove to Palo Alto to check out Gamble Gardens, a beautiful flower garden near my old school. We ate yummy fresh fruit, listened to music, and played with Jayden. It was way too hot though, so we packed up and were planning on heading home so Jayden could take his nap, but he passed out on me as we were leaving and didn't even move as we put him in his carseat, so we decided to just let him nap in the car and go on another adventure. Daddy knew just where to take us...the beach!!!! We drove to Half Moon Bay and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening playing at the beach. We then ate some yummy sandwiches and headed home because Grandma and Grandpa had to go back to San Diego=(

I couldn't have asked for a better mother's day-- it was the most perfect day!!!I had so much fun spending time with my family and watching Jayden play with his grandparents. The only problem with this weekend is that now I have no idea what we're going to do to top this for father's day!

Look who can sit all by himself


Swimming with Grandpa

The Macksteins (minus Ir)!

Grandpa being "artsy"...only Jayden seemed to notice him!

Mommies and baby

Hangin' out on Grandpa

Um, dad, I'm a little scared...can u tell this old man that I'm about to run into a tree

J, Papa & Grandpa- how cute are all my men!!


Team Mack enjoying the perfect day on the beach

YEAH!!!! Daddy and Jayden at the beach.

Happy Mommies Day!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know, I'm just so darn cute!

I don't know how I feel about being covered in sand


Playing in the sand with grandma and grandpa

California livin...

Strike a pose...yes, the Goldstein's are odd

Mommy & Daddy...still madly in love

too cute

Passed out in the Ergo on mommy's back...could life get any better than this?!

3 comments:

  1. Of course it's your best mother's day; it's your only (so far)! There are many more to come, because he's your child forever, but he's not your baby forever, so savor these moments. There's nothing more precious than a worn-out baby asleep after a full day. You're doing it right; getting lots of pictures, and keeping this blog journal, so that when you're 50-something, you can pull this all out, and not only remember the images, but your thoughts, as well.

    As Jayden gets older, the quality of mother's day will evolve; he'll be in high school before you know it. Your big boy will continue to make you proud, but in different ways. No more little baby, but he'll still be your boy.

    And then the sands of time keep slipping through that glass, until he starts a family. And the cycle repeats. And you'll still, as always, be "mom".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Mommies club, Momma Mack!! This year marked my 30th, and I'm still thrilled to be Jeremy's mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats good to know haha ^

    ReplyDelete