Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rain, rain, go away...

It's been raining pretty much non-stop for 5 days straight, which is madness for San Diego. There's been crazy flooding, lots of accidents, and, of course, our roof leaked (just add that to the list of fun home repairs we have to do...gotta love being a homeowner!). Jayden didn't have a great week at school and has been super clingy all week long...I think he's finally realizing that I can leave him and he's not too happy about that. Not even grandma and grandpa can make him happy these days. Hopefully this "fun" phase is rather short because I am going a little insane listening to Jayden whining "MOMMMMMMYYYYYY" whenever I am more than 1 foot away from him.

We didn't do really do anything exciting this week- art projects, playdough, and lots of indoor soccer in our empty living room (J's new favorite thing to do). Jayden runs around that room kicking, throwing, catching, rolling, jumping, sliding, diving, galloping...it's so fun to watch him in motion- he's so incredibly happy when he's on the move! I cannot wait to see what sports he's going to do when he gets older!


Jeremy and Brad up on the roof putting a tarp over our leak...only lasted to day 2


Double rainbows


Playing in the puddles


What's better than Starbucks hot cocoa on a cold, rainy day!


Playing in the water at Mission Bay...finally a day without rain, so we had to had to head to the beach


Checking out the ATV


Biking at mission bay (Jayden now is able to put his feet up and balance for 20-30 seconds, it's crazy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment