Friday, July 16, 2010

NEW CAR!!!!!!!

Back in the fall of 2003 (SEVEN long years ago), Jeremy's car was stolen from the Northeastern parking lot. Since we were living in downtown Boston, it didn't make sense to get a new car since we already had my 4 runner. Then we moved to Gloucester and I worked in Andover and Jeremy worked in Boston...we didn't want to get a new car since we knew we wanted to move to California, so i would drop Jer off at the train station every morning and he would take the train into the city. A year later we decided to move to San Francisco...when I brought my 4 runner in for servicing they laughed and said that there was no way it was going to make it across the country...my parents were also moving at the time, so they gave us their minivan, and the plan was to get a new car once we moved out to California. Well, 3 yrs of living in the Bay and we still never got another car...I kept the minivan since I was pregnant, and then had a newborn, and my wonderful husband spent thousands of hours walking to the CalTrain, taking the train, walking to the gym, walking to work, walking back to the caltrain, and walking home. Last year we moved to San Diego and bought our house, which meant no new car for us. Drum roll please...I would like to report, SEVEN long years later, we are now officially a 2 car family again!!!!!!!! Thank you G&G for your help, don't know what we'd do without you guys.


Our new car (1st time either of us have ever had a brand spankin new car- when we got the car, it had 21 miles on it...much nicer than the 153,000 currently on the mininvan)


Jayden is his new big boy carseat in his "Honga" Pilot

No comments:

Post a Comment