Jayden is now walking everywhere. He still looks like he's been drinking, and sometime will just bite it, but then he quickly pops back up and continues on his way. We realized that needed to get him some shoes since he now wants to walk everywhere. We originally went to the local Stride Rite to get him some shoes. These shoes supposedly are made for new walkers, but they were horrible and
Jayden couldn't even stand up in them. Our Dr told us it was equivalent to us walking around in ski boots. So, I did some research and found this great company online where they make shoes that are extremely flexible and perfect for new walkers (you can also customize your own shoes and they are so adorable). We ordered a pair and they just arrived last night. Not only are they super cute, but it only took
Jayden about 20 minutes before he was back to walking like his normal self. At 1st he kept picking at them, trying to figure out what these things were doing on his feet (we've never had him in shoes before), but now he is used to them and they are perfect.



.jpg)

.......................................................
We've been very busy this week. Every afternoon I've been taking
Jayden to open gym at the San Mateo junior gym and he has been having so much fun walking, climbing, crawling over all of the fun things they have at the gym. Starting next week,
Jayden will be going to his 1st class at the gym, called "busy bees." I can't wait- he's already met some of the other kids that will be in his class at open gym.
Not only is
Jayden walking like crazy, but he's now talking ALL THE TIME. He will repeat noises/sounds we make and talks whenever he's in his car. He says mama and
dada all the time, but I still don't think he's referring to us yet. Every morning I give him blueberries for breakfast and each time I give him one I always say blueberry in a funny tone. Well, this morning Jeremy was home for breakfast (he went to some design conference this morning), and we both were saying blueberry to him and smiling and he totally just looked at us and tried to say blueberry- it was crazy.
Over the last couple of weeks,
Jayden has developed a love/obsession for wheels. When we were in Gloucester he was more interested in the wheels on the wagon than he was in the sand and water at the beach. And his love for wheels grows stronger every day. We now have a daily ritual of throwing his dirty diaper down the trash shoot, and then stopping to play with the wheels on the stroller. I now no longer need to bring toys when we have picnics every afternoon because he just plays with the stroller wheels. Yesterday we went to a play area and every time someone walked by pushing a stroller he would walk over to them and chase them down and try to go for the wheels. It's quite amusing to see how excited he gets by seeing a wheel.
I haven't really taken that many pictures this week because it's pretty impossible to take pictures of a little boy on the move, but here are some random pics from this week...






.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment